Thursday, September 20, 2007

Wrap it up

So the EFTA series is now wrapped up. Unfortunately the mechanical issues that forced me to DNF in the last race also cost me the podium in the Expert Men’s Overall title. Bummer.

Expert Men’s Overall Standings
1. MILLETT, AARON 1,164
2. CURRIER, BRIAN 748
3. WHEELDEN, TODD 588
4. BRADLEY, ADAM 550
5. LITTLEFIELD, RYAN 528

Expert Senior I Men
1. BRADLEY, ADAM 958
2. SAMPSON, TOM 726
3. TAUTFEST, NOAH 368

So that's how it wrapped up, 4th place in the overall men’s standings and 1st in the Senior I category. Not too bad, although I really would have liked to podium in the overall standings. I guess that gives me a goal for next year.

Looking back at the season I did miss 4 of the 9 races; one for vacation, one for a funeral, and two DNF's. I guess to finish in the top five overall with only 5 finishes in a 9 race series is pretty good. Next year I hope to limit the DNF's with some better race preparation.

We have some pretty fast guys in the men's overall standings with myself being the youngest. My age is a good thing as most cyclists peak in their 30's, so the podium is still within reach for a few years. Things to watch out for next year, the top three obviously; but Ryan Littlefield has a way of really stepping it up in the back half of the season and in the Senior I category Tom Sampson at just 18 years old has been killing it lately, he will definitely be a threat for next year.

With the season now over I feel like I have some time to enjoy myself on the bike and not be worried about accomplishing my training goals. I already have a very busy "fun" ride schedule that I am looking forward to.

Last year in the "off season" I spent a lot of time in the gym trying to follow "The Cyclist's Training Bible" and I feel that really made a difference. This year I want to start the program a little earlier so I can be through the muscle building stage and begin building my endurance well before the season starts. Last year I started late so I had very little time on the bike when the first race kicked off, and it showed.

Overall I am happy with my results from this season and I am looking forward to some downtime and more fun rides before I start my winter training program.

My goals for next season:
1st place Senior I category in the EFTA series
Top 3 in the Men’s Overall in the EFTA series
Top 5 finish in the Expert Men’s 25-29 age group at the Mt. Snow NORBA Nationals
Top 5 finish in the NH 100
Top 10 finish in the VT50*

*The VT 50 sells out very quickly each year, just to get an entry spot for next year is a challenge.

3 comments:

Kevin said...

you totally pirated my post format haha.

I could be wrong but wouldn't you be racing senior II next year? I thought it started at 26 and I think they go by the age you will be on dec 31st of that year....might want to look into that.

fun rides start this saturday...tell your dad to come too. ill take on the whole bradley clan. i get a minute spot for each inch of travel you all have combined and 30 secs for each gear...that ought to be fair.

Kevin said...

btw

did you see any ragemtb.com guys at any races this year? i see you linked their site, but it looks like they havent updated it since like 05 as far as racing goes...

i kinda want to get spons'd by them. having Harpoon and Rage on my jersey would be pretty sweet. i might send them my resume hahaha

Bradley said...

I renewed my membership for the 2008 season at Grillz and asked what class I would be racing next year. She said I would still qualify for Senior I; but I need double check that.

I haven’t noticed anyone from Rage at an EFTA race in a while. You should revive the Rage racing scene.

Benny use to post on their site; check with him, he might have some more up-to-date info.

As far as I know they are mostly into fun rides and drinking at Redbones.