Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Ride to work

Wow, it's been a long winter, but I finally got my first ride into work for 2008 (April 8th). It was a cold start at just 31 degrees out, but I got a pair of winter tights so I was pretty comfortable. Just the fingers and toes were a little cold. This time of year it's tough to ride to work, I get on the road around 6:30 when it's in the 30's and when I come home it's typically closer to 50ish; layers are key.

For this early in the season I guess my time was respectable at 25:30. I think last year during my peak I was making into work in the low 20's; so I need to shave a few minutes off this time.

Update:
I checked up on my times from last year. My first ride into work took 30 minutes so my time of 25 minutes was actually pretty good. Also I got started a few days earlier; last years first ride was April 20.

4 comments:

Kevin said...

31? thats downright balmy. 20 for me this morning, I had to rock the balaclava. straight up ninja commute.

im also lovin those briko glasses we snagged. great peripheral vision and you can barely tell they are there.

Bradley said...

Yeah super clear vision, light weight too. Nice upgrade over the crappy old shades I had

stupid rick flair said...

how far is your commute? mine is only about 5.5 or 6 each way

Bradley said...

Just under 10 miles each way.

Most days I take the long way home to put some extra miles in. I have a few loops that can go anywhere from 10 to 40 miles on the way home. It usually depends on daylight and how my legs feel.