Thursday, April 24, 2008

Rip it

Wow, 60 degrees this morning when rode in at 6:30am, it’s the kind of weather that makes you happy just to be on your bike. Another thing that makes me happy, riding past the gas stations when regular is at $3.55. I haven’t filled up since April 13th and I still have more than a quarter tank; I am thinking I will be able to go every other week before I have to fill ‘er up.

So occasionally when I pack my bag the night before I ride in I will forget something, usually it’s a belt. Today I forgot socks, so I am rockin my EFTA socks with the frog saying RIPPP IT on ‘em. Ha, they defiantly go with the dress shoes. Yeah, I am pretty much a fashion icon.

I also noticed a trend when riding in, of all the vehicles that buzz me; 90% of the time they are pick-up trucks with big American flag stickers or even the occasional confederate flag. If there is one thing red-necks hate while driving its skinny white dudes in spandex blocking their “road”. I am thinking if I put a big American flag patch on my bag it might persuade them to give me a little more room…

2 comments:

Kevin said...

wow $3.55 i think we are at $3.45 still. I had a balmy 45 degrees this morning. my first morning commute over 35 degrees haha.

i very frequently forget my belt as well, thats funny. one time i forgot underwear and had to go commando all day. it was awesome.

i recommend putting a rainbow patch on your bag. those drivers already think your gay and if they see that patch and then hit you, you could get them for a hate crime and put them away for life...unfortunately they would probably also be putting you away for life so that might be bad.

Bradley said...

Ha, I am waiting for the day I forget my shoes or pants... hasn't happened yet.

That's true, the rainbow patch might net out a few extra thousand in the lawsuit... if I am still alive to collect.