Sunday, June 22, 2008

Clifford Park: NECS #3

I got owned by this one… Clifford Park could be the most technical course on the EFTA circuit and I simply didn’t have enough miles on the mountain bike to hold my own. I think I was also still recovering from the B2B, 7+ hours in the saddle really takes a toll on you.

If this had just been a 3 lap race I probably would have been alright, but about half way through that third lap things started to get sloppy. My upper body was tired right from the get-go, but my legs held out until mid way through the third lap. The fourth lap I was just in survival mode, trying to hold my place and not crash.

This is a really fun course, and one that on a good day would probably suite me pretty well. It doesn’t have any long climbs, but it does have a handful of short burst climbing sections and a little bit of fire-road (about 20%). Last year I flatted out when I ran too little air in the tires; hopefully next year I can give this course a real try.

Results were not available right away…

UPDATE:

Time 2:10.09
4th Place of 5 Senior I's
18th of 27 Experts
37 Riders DNF'd

No comments: